I have seen the 100% disk usage issue in many Windows 10 & Windows 8 & 8.1 systems, & I have implemented different solutions lớn solve sầu the problem because it can be due to lớn various reasons.
Bạn đang xem: Windows 10 100% disk usage in task manager
In most cases, the 100% disk utilization problem in Windows 10, appears in systems with Serial ATA (SATA) hard drives (and not with SSD disks), & in other cases the problem may appear after a virus/malware attachồng or because of a problematic Windows service or other reasons.
In this tutorial you can find several methods to lớn fix the high Hard Disk Usage (100%) issue in Windows 8, 8.1 và 10 based computers.Related article: FIX High CPU & DISK Usage issues on Windows 10
How to Resolve the Disk High Usage (95-100%) issue in Windows 10.
Nội dung1 How to lớn Resolve sầu the Disk High Usage (95-100%) issue in Windows 10.1.0.0.6 Solution 6. Rebuild Index.
Solution 1. Scan your computer for viruses.Solution 2: Disable Windows notifications.Solution 3. Disable the MSI mode in Storage Controller.Solution 4. Locate & Terminate the process which causes the hard disk’s 100% usage.Solution 5. Run Windows Maintenance Tasks.Solution 6. Rebuild Index.
Method 1. Scan your computer for viruses.
Important: Many viruses or malicious programs can cause your Hard disk lớn work at 100%. So, before you continue to lớn troubleshoot the hard disk’s 100% usage issue, use this Malware Scan và Removal Guide to check and remove sầu viruses or/& malicious programs that may be running on your computer.
Method 2: Disable Windows notifications.
I have tried this solution several times in Windows 10 systems with successful results, but I haven’t kiểm tra it in Windows 8 or 8.1 systems.
– To disable notifications on Windows 10. (For Windows 8, 8.1 instructions click here).
1. Click on the Windows flag (Start menu) and open Settings.
2. At settings window, select System.
3. Select Notifications và actions at the left and then set the Show me tips about Windows notifications to OFF.
4. Close settings window và check if the HDD 100% usage problem persists. If persists, then try to lớn turn off all other notifications.
– To disable notifications on Windows 8 và 8.1.
1. Press Windows + C keys simultaneously.
2. Select Settings and then click Change PC Settings.
3. On the left clichồng Search và Apps và then select Notifications.
4. Set the Show app Notifications khổng lồ OFF
Method 3. Disable the Message Signaled Interrupt (MSI) mode in Storage Controller.
In many cases, the 100% disk utilization is occurred in systems where the Message Signaled Interrupt (MSI) mode is enabled in the inbox StorAHCI.sys driver.
1. Open Device Manager Manager & expand the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
2. Right-cliông chồng on the SATA AHCI controller & select Properties.
3. At Driver tab, clichồng Driver Details.
4. If you see the “StorAHCI.sys” in the menu of Driver files, clichồng OK và continue lớn next step, otherwise, (if you don’t see the “StorAHCI.sys”), cthua trận all windows và continue khổng lồ the next method.
5. Now select the Details tab và select the Device instance path from the Property drop-down menu.
6. Notice the path in value box & leave that window open.
7. Open the Registry Editor and navigate khổng lồ this location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemCurrentControlSetEnumPCI Device instance path>Device ParametersInterrupt ManagementMessageSignaledInterruptProperties
* Note: Where Device instance path> = the path you noted in the previous step. (e.g. in this example: “VEN_8086&DEV_2829&SUBSYS_30CC103C&REV_033&B1BFB68&0&FA”
8. At right pane, double click at MSISupported REG_DWORD value.
9. Change the value data from 1 lớn 0 & cliông chồng OK.
10. Close the Registry Editor and reboot the PC.11. After restart, kiểm tra if high disk usage problem is solved.
Method 4. Locate và Terminate the process which causes the high hard disk usage.
In this method I ‘ll show lớn you, how you can find & terminate the process that makes your disk khổng lồ work at 100%.
1. Right click on Start menu
2. Click the More details option if the Task Manager is in default (simple) view.
3. At Performance tab clichồng mở cửa Resource Monitor.
4. At Resource monitor select the Disk tab.
5. Now put the two open Windows Resource Monitor: Disk và Task Manager: Performance, side by side on your screen. as in the screenshot below.
6. At the Resource Monitor window, right clichồng on the first listed process and select Suspkết thúc Process.
7. After you have suspended the process, wait a few seconds (e.g. 10 sec) & then look if the Disk utilization percentage at the other open window has dropped down (Task Manager: Performance).
8. If Disk utilization percentage has decreased, then the next step is lớn troubleshoot the suspended process or khổng lồ prsự kiện it from running. If the disk usage is not decreased, then suspkết thúc the next process on the list, until you find out which one causes your hard disk lớn work at 100%.
Bellow is a các mục of services that can cause your system’s CPU, Memory or Hard Disk to lớn work at 100%.:Windows UpdateBITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service)Windows SearchSuperfetch
Try khổng lồ disable the above sầu services, one-by-one at a time và then restart your computer, until you find out which of them causes your system components (Hard Disk, CPU or Memory) khổng lồ work at 100%.
Note: To Disable a Windows service:
1. Press Windows + R keys to open the run comm& box.
2. In the Search box, type: services.msc và click OK.
3. Locate at the services các mục, the service that you want lớn disable. (e.g. the “Windows Update” service).
4. Right-click on the service and select “Stop”.
5. Restart your computer.Method 5. Troubleshoot Windows problems by Running the Maintenance Tasks.
– On this method you can learn how khổng lồ Troubleshoot several problems on your computer in order khổng lồ decrease the usage of your hard disk.
1. Right cliông chồng lớn Start menu
2. Open Troubleshooting.
* If you don’t see the Troubleshooting option, mix the View (View by) to Small icons.
3. Under System and Security select Run Maintenance Tasks.
3. Press Next & then wait until the System Maintenance utility detecting problems.
4. Follow the on screen instructions to fix the problems found.
Method 6. Rebuild Index.
– Another solution lớn resolve sầu the 100% high usage issue on your hard disk, CPU or Memory is to rebuild the Index.
1. Navigate lớn Windows Control Panel & open Indexing Options.*
* If you don’t see the Indexing Options, phối the View (View by) lớn Small icons.
2. At Indexing Options cliông chồng Modify.
3. Uncheck Offline Files* and press OK.
4. Then clichồng Advanced.
5. At Troubleshooting section, cliông chồng the Rebuild button.
6. Press OK to rebuild the Index.
7. Wait until the index rebuilding is completed and then restart your computer.
That’s all! Did it work for you?
Please leave sầu a bình luận in the comment section below or even better: lượt thích & nói qua this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this solution.
If this article was useful for you, please consider supporting us by making a donation. Even $1 can a make a huge difference for us.